NEW YORK, NY – Publicis North America received seven awards for five different clients at the annual North American Effie Awards Competition. The Effie Awards are known by advertisers and agencies globally as the pre-eminent award in the industry, and recognize any and all forms of marketing communication that contribute to a brand’s success. On top of the seven Effie wins, Publicis North America was recognized with five other finalist spots that were in the running.
Effie Award-winning work is recognized as one of the most effective marketing efforts of last year, incorporating an insightful communications strategy, outstanding creative, and the market results to prove it worked. Effie entries go through two rigorous rounds of judging and a small percentage of entering cases emerge as winners. As the competition continues to grow, winning an Effie is becoming increasingly difficult.
This year, Publicis North America won Effies for the following entries:
· GOLD — Citi: Battle to Win Back New York in the Corporate Reputation/Prof. Services category
· GOLD — ZzzQuil Sleep-Aid Launch in the Health OTC category *Grand Effie contender*
· SILVER — Citi: Battle to Win Back New York in the Good Works/Brands category
· SILVER — Oral-B: Power of Dad’s Smile in the Personal Care category
· SILVER — T-Mobile: Un-leash with the Un-Carrier in the Internet/Telecom category
· SILVER — T-Mobile: “Introducing JUMP! Only from T-Mobile” in the New Product or Service category
· BRONZE — SoftSheen-Carson Dark and Lovely Au Naturale: Curl Power in the African-American category
“The Effies for T-Mobile is a story of game changing products, meaty insights, inspired creative ideas and exceptional production,” added Publicis Seattle’s CEO, Scott Foreman. “Kudos to our T-Mobile clients, our partner agencies, and especially the teams at Riney and Publicis Seattle for this big win!”
The following entries were among the finalists:
· ADL: Imagine a World Without Hate in the Good Works/Non-Profit category
· Citi: Battle to Win Back New York in the Brand Experience category
· SoftSheen Carson Dark and Lovely Au Naturale: Curl Power in the Beauty category
· Dawn: From a Brand to Buy to a Brand to Buy Into in the Home Supplies & Services category
· T-Mobile: “T-Mobile is Back: Un-leash with the Un-Carrier” in the Renaissance category
Effie Worldwide stands for effectiveness in marketing communications, spotlighting marketing ideas that work and encouraging thoughtful dialogue about the drivers of marketing effectiveness. The Effie network works with some of the top research and media organizations worldwide to bring its audience relevant and first-class insights into effective marketing strategy. Since 1968, winning an Effie has become a global symbol of achievement. Today, Effie celebrates effectiveness worldwide with the Global Effie, the Euro Effie, the Middle East/North Africa Effie and more than 40 national Effie programs.
The North American Grand Effie Award winner was debated hours before the Effie Awards ceremony by the Grand Effie Jury. ZzzQuil Sleep-Aid Launch for Procter & Gamble by Publicis Kaplan Thaler, (with Starcom MediaVest Group) was among the finalists (the top scoring Gold Effie Award winners).
Andrew Bruce, CEO of Publicis North America celebrated the 7 wins, commenting, “Work that does not work, is art. These effies confirm our determination to develop creative communications that build brands and businesses.”
Regarding the prestigious wins and rankings, Chairman of Publicis North America, Susan Gianinno added, “Effies are about effectiveness.
Being recognized for having the most effective creative work is an honor and a reminder of what really matters.”
Trophies – gold, silver and bronze – were awarded at the 2014 North American Effie Awards Gala on Thursday, June 5th at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in New York City. Winning entries also receive points towards the Effie Effectiveness Index® — the global ranking of marketing communications effectiveness. These rankings were also revealed tonight at the 46th annual Effie Awards Gala. Publicis Groupe, was named the most effective holding company. For additional information on the Effie Index, visit http://www.effieindex.com. Follow @EffieAwards on Twitter for updates on Effie information, programs and news.
A list of all 2014 Effie winners can be found here http://current.effie.org/downloads/2014_NA_Effie_Winners.pdf.
About Effie Worldwide
Effie Worldwide is a non-profit 501C3 organization offering educational resources that include a Case Studies database of hundreds of effective marketing communications cases worldwide – including strategy, ideas and results, the Effie Effectiveness Index ranking effective companies and brands worldwide, the Effie Awards and Collegiate Effie awards programs, insights, videos and white papers on effective marketing and other key educational and learning tools around sharing insight on the principles of effective advertising and marketing communications.